Glass & Glazing Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Quotation and Sale
- Unless otherwise stated, the quotation/invoice is subject to our acceptance of the order at the time it is placed. It is based on the cost of material, labour and transport now ruling and is subject to amendment on or after acceptance to meet any rise or fall of such costs. If this estimate contains a fluctuation clause the adjustments will be made in accordance therewith.
- The estimate/invoice is subject to further supplementary terms and conditions, as detailed on any additional paperwork, i.e. window specification contracts.
- Goods claimed to be defective must be returned immediately and if it is agreed by us that they are defective they will be replaced or repaired free of charge or, at our option, allowed for credit, provided that such credit shall not exceed the value of the goods as invoiced and provided that the buyer shall return the goods in the same condition as they were supplied. Goods claimed to be not of suitable quality because of any defect in manufacture will not be considered unless it is intimated to us within six months of manufacture. No liability can be accepted for any damage or injury to property or persons arising directly, or indirectly from any defect in the goods or for any costs losses or expenses incurred or sustained by the Buyer in connection with such goods prior to or subsequent to such defect becoming apparent.
- Orders for goods made or obtained specially cannot be cancelled or the goods returned without permission.
- In the case of special glass where selection is limited, defects, colour and uniformity of thickness will be subject to the limitations of manufacture.
- The unloading of glass offered for delivery is the responsibility of the purchaser and no charge will be accepted for this operation.
- For pricing purposes all sizes will be charged to the nearest 10mm (that is 5mm and over shall be regarded as 10mm and less than 5mm will be disregarded). Circles, ovals and irregular shaped panels to be charged by reference to the size of squares required to cut them.
- If a delivery time is given on our estimate this must be reckoned from receipt of actual working details and official order and may vary at that time dependant upon our commitments and that of any other manufacturer involved. Every effort will be made to deliver or despatch goods by the time stated, but if from any cause delivery or despatch is suspended or delayed we cannot be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the purchaser. We cannot be responsible for delays in delivery from other manufacturers or delays by rail or road transport carriers. Delivery times given do not include time taken by rail or road carriers for delivery to site. Delivery or despatch from stock is made subject to such goods being unsold at the time the order is received.
- Whilst every effort is made to take sizes and details from drawings we cannot accept responsibility for any omission or errors if a detailed specification does not accompany the drawings. Our estimate does not include for any work not shown in our estimate.
- Variation in sizes, quantities or processing will be charged Pro-Rata at current rates, this may also incur increased charges due to a variation in price category. Where quantities ordered are less than those stated on our estimate additional charges might be made for production costs.
- In some instances the coating of ‘Low E’ glass can give a translucent effect when viewed in direct sunlight, this is a positive proof of the coating being present, and not a defect in the glass. This translucent effect is not a defect in the sealed unit and therefore the sealed unit would not need replacing and payment must not be withheld.
- Our liability ceases as soon as the glass is collected or delivered.
- Faulty goods shall not form the subject of any claim for labour costs or other expenditure incurred by the Buyer and the Sellers shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising out of any such fault. Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question. To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you/or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to your order.
- All articles covered by Warranty, i.e. Factory sealed units, are subject to terms and conditions laid down by individual Manufacturer’s Warranty whether supplied only or glazed.
- All warranties offered by this company are in good faith and limited to the repair or replacement of the product, as deemed by us (or our supplier). We cannot accept any claims for loss of profits, cost of labour on site, costs to return products to our works, etc.
- Thickness, sizes of glass and method of installation stated on enquiries does not necessarily imply their adequacy. Once the glass is installed, we cannot accept any liability for damage or injury to property or persons or for any costs, expenses or losses incurred by the Buyer or their clients. Building designers are responsible for stating the maximum wind load pressure that the glass is expected to withstand, to enable us to quote correct thickness and sizes.
- We reserve the right to sub-contract any fixing should the necessity arise.
- The installation of double-glazed sealed units will not itself eliminate condensation. This is dependent upon the environment within the property. We cannot guarantee condensation in your property will be eliminated.